Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day Weekend

My family loves camping. So much so that they get together with friends each fall to plan the following summer's camping schedule. This year, we planned the first camping trip the same weekend as Mother's Day. With my final exam schedule it happened that I would be coming home the same day that we would be leaving to head to Mississinewa Reservoir. So in a matter of 4 hours I unloaded my very full car, sifted through my stuff in order to find appropriate camping gear, and was ready to leave for the weekend. It was a little wet and muddy, but we were able to keep the fire going enough to have a great time.
My dad has quite the reputation as a camp cook. We always eat well and enjoy trying new recipes.

In case you don't recognize what's cooking, they are wild mushrooms. Where I come from, a wet spring means mushroom hunting. It's a big deal, with everyone having their favorite (top secret) hot spots. In case you don't believe me about its popularity, the local radio station is currently accepting entries into its "Mother of all Morels" giant mushroom contest. This is real, folks.
Hungry yet? We had some killer fajitas too.
Girl's best friend   
This neat pond was right behind our campsite


No comments:

Post a Comment